- 1 tbs. Vegetable oil
- 2 medium coarsely chopped zucchinis (chunks, really)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1large carrot, chopped (chunks again)
- 1 tbs. Minced garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. Ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 (15-19 oz.) cans of chickpeas
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can stewed tomatoes with juice
- 1 1/2 cup water or broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Raisins and nuts to add to couscous
Heat oil in large pot or skillet. Add zucchini, onion, carrot and garlic...cook 5 minutes.Stir in broth, spices, chickpeas and tomatoes with juice. (I add the chickpea juice as well)
Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 8 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Stir occasionally.
COUSCOUS:Meanwhile bring water to boil. Put couscous, salt and raisins in serving bowl. Add boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff and add nuts (They’ll be better if you’ve toasted them).
Serve stew over couscous.
by LA via MLB